Registering A New Student
To enroll a new student please download the Registration Packet for the appropriate school. Each packet includes:
- Student Information Form
- Enrollment Form
- Records Release From
- Life Threatening Health Conditions
- Racial Ethnicity Identification Form
- Student Residency Questionnaire
- Title VII Student Eligibility Form
- Acceptable Use Agreement
- 2016-2017 Free & Reduced Lunch Application
Complete the registration packet and drop it off at the school where the student will be attending.
Please also bring the following documents:
- Birth Certificate
- Last Report Card If Applicable
- Immunization Record*
- IEP For Students With Special Needs
- Proof of Residency, such as:
- Pay stub
- Income tax form
- Deed or lease to house or apartment
- Utility or other bills sent to the student’s home address
- Membership documents – such as library cards – based upon residency
- Voter registration document
- Official driver’s license, learner’s permit or non-driver I.D.
- State- or other government-issued ID
*New York State Law Requires Parents to have a copy of child’s immunization record and proof of residency.
Kindergarten registration for Salmon River Elementary will be held May 13, 2015 from 2:00-6:00pm and on May 14, 2015 from 1:00-3:00pm. Kindergarten registration for the St. Regis Mohawk Elementary School will be held on May 26th and 27th, 2015. To register, children must be 5 years old on or before December 1 of the calendar year in which they begin kindergarten. They must have a valid birth certificate and proof of the following immunizations:
- Inactivated Polio Vaccine (TOPV/IPV) – 3-5 doses
- Measles Mumps & Rubella (MMR) – 2 doses
- Tetanus Toxoid-Containing Vaccine and Pertussis Vaccine (DTP/DTaP) 4-5 doses
- Varicella (Chickenpox) – 2 dose
- Haemophilus influenzae type b (HiB) – 1 dose
- Hepatitis B – 3 doses
Once your child is registered, a screening will be scheduled at the school your child will attend.
Important Student Transfer Notice
Attention to any students who plan to transfer to Salmon River! The Salmon River Central School District’s transfer policy deadline is June 1, 2015.
This policy applies to all students who wish to transfer into the Salmon River Central School District (including the St. Regis Mohawk School) for the 2015-16 school year who are changing schools but have not moved from their residence.
Enrollment packets are available at the Office of Instruction, located in the Elementary building of the Salmon River Central campus. The child’s birth certificate and immunization record are required at the time of enrollment.
Please be aware that the T-Dap immunization is required for all students entering grade 6. New this year, two doses of the chicken pox vaccine and three to four doses of polio vaccine are also required for grade 6. Please check with your health care provider.
Materials for All Students
(All forms are in PDF format and may be filled out online and printed.)
- Middle School Enrollment Packet
- High School Enrollment Packet
- Elementary School Enrollment Packet
- St. Regis Mohawk School Enrollment Packet