Emergency Dismissal Information
On the morning of Wednesday, November 18 the St. Regis Mohawk School was evacuated as a result of a boiler malfunction. Some erroneous information has been circulated that there had been a fire in the school and that there had been an explosion. A quick response from the Awkwesasne Fire Department and the St. Regis Tribal Police assured the safety of the children who were transported to Kateri Hall.The boiler has been repaired and the building has been declared safe for re-occupancy by the fire department. Ms. Sharlee Thomas, Principal, at the St. Regis Mohawk School has coordinated a meeting to review with faculty, staff and emergency personnel the school's response to Wednesday's event.Questions regarding Wednesday's event may be directed to Ms. Thomas 358-2765 or Jane Collins at 358-6610.